I love gyros. But you knew that! My family has a long history of loving Greek food.
The other day my wonderful husband took me to Western Beef (Sandalfoot & 441) and I found everything I need to make gyros! This morning I made my usual Cuban coffee, and then I happily prepared my own homemade gyro! Recipe below.
Side note: how cute is my baby bump here?
What you’ll need:
- Pita bread
- Chicken (or lamb or beef)
- Tahini (you can make this from scratch but I don’t).
- Lettuce (I like romaine).
- Pepper (to taste)
- Garlic (to taste)
- 1 TSP Olive oil
- Note: I also add homemade hummus, although it could be the pregnancy).
What you do:
- Heat up your pita – this makes it easiee to work with.
- If you’re pregnant like me spread hummus all over.
- Slice up the cucumbers and tomatoes and add them.
- Chop up your chosen meat and add them.
- Add bits of lettuce.
- Add seasoning.
- Drizzle tahini over it all.
- Fold into itself and wrap in tin foil.
- Open at lunch and enjoy!