Here are my top 10 most random thoughts relating to fashion:
- I feel skinnier when I straighten my hair.
- I had great skin during my 1st pregnancy.
- Why are pregnancy clothes so pretty on the rack but not on me?
- Were swishy sweatpants always uncool or did they have their moment?
- Why did I spend $200 on makeup I wear thrice a year?
- If my husband goes pro this year do I have what it takes to be fashionable like Posh Spice?
- Do all of those speakers like Priscilla Shrier and Lisa Bevere do all of theor own shopping? They are so fashionable.
- I think I like the Aventura mall better than the King of Prussia mall.
- When did Old Navy become a Mom store?
- Can I get away with blue eyeliner or does that make me look like a hooker?
I’ve always believed that no matter the problem, Jesus has the answer to whatever difficulty you’re facing. Notice I did not say religion or church. Jesus. He alone has the answer to life’s problems. Not yoga, not bracelets, not prayer beads, not bowls, not fung shui, not dragons, not anything created above the earth or below it. Jesus.
You don’t have to agree with me. That’s not what this is about. But know that in 30 years of life, I’ve lived a lot of life. I’ve been broke ass poor in the ghetto badlands of Philadelphia, and I’ve been what I call rich-adjacent in the Poconos. I’ve seen both sides of abuse cases through the eyes of my foster brothers and sisters, social workers and therapists. I’ve been the girlfriend and sister of people experimenting woth drugs, while I was everyone’s Designated Driver, I’ve worked in radio, healthcare, schools and public housing, and the only one with all the answers is Jesus.
So I don’t really know what a capsule wardrobe is but my Tía once told me you don’t really have to go though life with more than 1 weeks worth of clothes. So here’s my closet, minus the blue jeans and white shirt I’m wearing.
Where do you fall? Do you have a big closet?
Normally I try to eat healthy. My husband is a personal trainer / bodybuilder and I try to be as healthy as possible. Well, when I’m not expecting. When I am, I eat small quantities of whatever I want.
Today I want ramen noodle with peanut butter. I cook it in chicken broth and I add veggies and 2 TBS of peanut butter. This groses put my husband amd my parents.
What’s the weirdest thing you’ve eaten while pregnant?
This Easter since my husband is preparing for a bodybuilding competition in the summer, I opted to make a vegetarian Easter meal.
2. Steamed carrots
4. Hummus & Matzo
5. My Flan
How do you do Easter dinner?
Bonus: Hummus recipe
What you’ll need:
- 2 TBSp Lemon juice
- 2 TBSp virgin olive oil
- 4 TBSp water
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 lb can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- Blend ingredients. (It works best if you use a food processor, if you don’t a mortar and pestle works, or even a blender, if you blend a little at a time and are careful not to make it too liquidy).
- After blending garnish with parsley and enjoy!
“But God raised him to life on the third day. Then God allowed him to appear, not to the general public, but to us whom God had chosen in advance to be his witnesses. We were those who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead.”
Acts 10:40-41 NLT
Yesterday my mother went to the store and came home with some munster cheese and crackers for my daughter. As the three of us sat down to snack, I took a bite and was reminded of my Colombian grandfather. He loves this cheese.
When I was a little girl my grandfather worked at a ceramics factory from 7am until 3pm every day for 40 yrs. He would pick up the groceries from a little super market on his way home from work. Often times he would have freshly baked bread, and a huge brick of munster cheese. He would slice the cheese, then place it on a piece of fresh bread. He’d hand it to me, my sisters, and my two uncles who were still in highschool when I was growing up. Isn’t it amazing how just the process of eating cheese can bring back this memory? The experts say smell is closely associated with memory, so its interesting that so many memories can be tied to food.
Munster cheese is a mild cheese, oftentimes cut paper thin and either served on bread or crackers. It has a sweet aftertaste, unless melted. In my opinion munster cheese is the worst cheese for grilled cheese, however if it is fresh, its perfect to be eaten as is.
Do you have a favorite cheese?
When I was 6 my father taught me two skills. The first was how to properly iron Oxford shirts, (mine for private school, his for his office job), and the second was how to make Cuban coffee.
Cuban coffee is made with Café Bustelo in our house. I’ve heard other families use Pilon but that is not our style.
What you’ll need
- A cafetera (the coffee maker pictured above).
- Café Bustelo
- Metal coffee turin
- Domino Sugar.
- Milk (optional).
What you do:
- Fill the lower chamber of your cafetera with water, just up to the pressure valve.
- Fill the middle chamber with 4 tablespoons of café bustelo.
- Close the cafetera and place on stovetop.
- Turn burner on to medium-high.
- While the coffee is brewing tale 3/4 cup of domino sugar and take out a little whisk. When the first ounce of coffee bubbles up into the 3rd chamber, pour the coffee into the turin and whisk away. Place the cafetera back on the stovetop to complete brewing. This creates a bubbly mixture known as espuma.
- Once coffee has completed brewing pour into turin, mix and pour into a little cup.
- Add hot milk if cordadito is wanted instead of Cuban espresso.
- Serve hot.